Saturday, December 4, 2010

Last of a long fun trip

Here are the final pictures of so many that i have. Here i am playing a super old organ at kanesville tabernacle. One thing about this place is that one of my ancestors was in charge of building it.
We also went to this really crazy museum called pioneer village. It was 26 buildings full of old stuff. It was so awesoeme to see the progress of history they had everything from cars, planes, phones, farm equipment, school supplies. My favorite part was the kitchen stuff, they had washing machines, sewing machines, stoves, after seeing all of it it made me really appreciate what we have today. We spent the whole day there just looking at all the fun stuff.
Here is Calvin at Cabelas in Nebraska. Calvi liked looking at all the animals and he really likes relaxing in the cart!
On the last day of our trip we stopped at Martins Cove. My parents and i were the only ones who went on the 5 mile round trip walk into the cove. it was a super nice day a little chilly but so beautiful outside. Here is some deer we saw. there was so many of them they were so close it was really fun to walk around outside with them.
This is me right in the cove. it was super smart of those pioneers cause it was pretty nice back there.
Here is Clara. this is how she kept herself entertained for most of the trip. She is pretty smart and can read these books, not word for word but she knows what each one is about and she tells it in her own way. It was pretty cute!
Here is my Grandpa pushing Calvin around at Martins Cove, my grandparents watched him while i walked into the cove.
And our last and final stop was at the Willie Handcart site. there really was not much there except what you see here. The trip was so wonderful and i had such a great time and learned so much and appreciate all that the pepole who have lived before me have done for us today.

2 comments:

The Congers said...

By the way thanks for the site, I am going to make some of those flowers plus I made another craft I will post on Sunday along with a bunch of pictures, we are headed to DC for the weekend,and I will tell more about what Ky's internship is. Had a major Rexburg homsick breakdown the other day, they seem to be fewere and further apart so maybe someday I will stop missing Rexburg, haha.

Rachel said...

Fun! It looks like a good end to your trip. It also looks like Clara takes after her mama!